La Belle Games
Based in Paris, France
Publisher & Co-Producer:
Coming fall 2019
Featuring stunning art direction, reminiscent of watercolour paintings, the game will task players with writing their version of Mary Shelley's gothic classic.
In this exploration/adventure game, you play Frankenstein’s Creature, a being with no memory and past. At the start of the game you know neither Good, nor Evil, you are a blank soul in an adult body. By exploring the world, you will experience your emotions, develop and write the first pages of your story. When confronted with mankind, there will be no way to escape the question of your origins : Who abandoned you in this world? Hunted by this question The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature will take you on an adventure throughout Europe. Your experiences - some brutal and tragic, others joyful - as well as your choices, will bring you closer to the truth with every step. But will you be ready to face this truth?
- Evolving landscape -- Choices made and the resulting emotions felt will influence the environmental color palette. With iconic scenes from the novel brought to life in a style inspired by paintings of the Romantic era.
- A new story to discover -- Through their actions, players will create their version of Mary Shelley’s legendary novel with multiple endings available in this narrative adventure.
- Explore what makes us human -- Frankenstein’s Creature is neither good nor evil. Beginning life anew, every decision made by the player will inform who the Creature will become
- Atmospheric soundtrack -- The story is imbued with emotional music overtaking the player with its sweeping score
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominee Best Narrative Award" Indie Arena Booth, Gamescom 2018
- "Honorable mention" Best in Play, GDC 2019
- "Official selection" A Maze festival, Berlin 2019
- "Official selection" Imagine Film Festival Amsterdam 2019
- "Official selection" Jeux Made in France, Paris Games Week 2018
- "Official selection" Utopiales, Nantes 2018
Partnership behind the game
About La Belle Games
La Belle Games want to create games that are not just about entertainment. With Arte, they're working on The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature, a free adaptation of Mary Shelley’s gothic classic. The team at La Belle Games also runs original gamejams where developers join forces with artists or journalists.
About ARTE France
Created in 1992, ARTE is a public service European culture channel and digital network with a focus on creation and innovation. In the last decade, ARTE has co-produced a number of major interactive works, including the games Type:Rider, Californium, SENS VR and Bury me, my Love.
The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature Credits
La Belle Games Studio
Publisher and Co-Producer
Cédric Bache et Laurent Checola
Thibault De Corday
Composer, Audio designer
Assistant game designer
Assistant gameplay developer